Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day Seven: Catching Up - 7/8 Style

Today there are thunderstorms rumbling by. I am hanging out in my motel room listening to thunder and just recovering from all the fun this week (and resting up for the trip home!). You may have noticed that I went back and edited my earlier posts. I was under the mistaken impression that the older boys were all 8th graders heading off to high school in the fall. I now know that four of the boys are just out of 7th grade and I wanted to give them credit. Again, these are great boys! They play fantastic lacrosse and looked really good on the field all week. Yes, they wanted more teams. Still, a little time to work on skills and just be boys is probably a very good thing before they head off for another heavy school year. For those boys heading for Foothill in the fall, tryouts for the team are coming up and, yes, Coach F has confirmed that they all have to try out.

As you may imagine (or may have experienced yourself), taking pictures of lacrosse is not a science. All these night games have made it especially difficult. Now that I have a little down time, I thought I would post some of the other pictures of the boys that I snapped. First off, we have a few pictures of the 7/8 team. I am learning that it is especially challenging to take pictures of the boys at this level because they are FAST! I may need a faster camera/lens combo when my son goes into 7th grade.







1 comment:

potsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.