Friday, August 1, 2008

Day One: The Trip Out


If you were at the Long Beach Airport Thursday evening, you know that 45 young men, coaches, family and lots of luggage makes for mayhem. Jet Blue did a remarkable job of processing it all efficiently and the boys really did do a great job of maintaining patience and listening to directions. It was a long line, but well worth the wait.

After we passed through security, you will all be happy to hear that there were NO incidents to report. The other passengers were very nervous and I heard a few departing people say that they were glad that they weren't going to Boston with us. Well, the boys showed them. It was a very quiet flight! Admittedly, I was not sitting close to the team, but I didn't hear them at all in row 6 and I understand that they were all well behaved. As they came off the plane, they looked quite impressive as they walked through Boston Logan together. They are a good-looking group of boys. Baggage claim went smoothly and all the boys (and all their belongings) got on the bus. I did not ride on the bus, but I did hear a report that quiet and calm eventually broke out and some sleeping occurred.
Crush was the first group to check in at Golden Goal so the boys had the fields to themselves for some "practice" time. They seem to have settled in to their cabins and were making themselves at home.
So far, they appear to be having a great time. The Golden Goal staff is doing a great job of making sure that coolers of water are kept full outside each cabin and the coaches are doing a great job of getting the boys to fill water bottles and keep hydrated. It is pretty warm here (80s) and much more humid than we are used to. There was intermittent cloud cover all day so it wasn't too bad.
The first game starts Saturday at 1:00 p.m. and I can't wait to watch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Lori.. I'll look forward to your daily blog as I am in CA still and missing my Son, Brad(8th)

Anonymous said...

Dear Lori- Thank you for the great update on the boys. So glad to hear everything is going good!!

Anonymous said...

I appreciate you keeping me up on the happenings in New York. Cheer on #20 for me.

cheryl said...

Lori,

What fun it is to read your daily updates, thank you so much for keeping us informed. I look forward to joining you on Tuesday.

Cheryl Fuller