Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day Eight: Extreme Fun

As I write this, the boys should be on the plane in Boston ready to fly home! Yesterday, the boys finally had their much-anticipated trip to Adirondack Extreme. The boys stretched themselves both physically and emotionally. The courses were quite impressive. The boys swung and zipped through the trees while I clicked pictures from the ground. Yes, I wimped out and didn't even go on the first course. I will post pictures after I return to California. Thanks to one of the 8th grade parents, I also have some additional 7/8 team pictures to share.

My son and I left the team at Adirondack Extreme and started on our own adventure visiting relatives in Connecticut. Thus, we missed the clearing out of the cabins and all the fun getting to the airport (2 a.m. bus departure, 4-hour bus ride, 8 a.m. flight). We already have found that some items didn't seem to make it into our bags, so we'll work on sorting those out next week.

There will be many more stories to tell of this fabulous week. I do hope that the boys share with you! Please check back early next week to check out the ropes course pictures and have a great time with your returning athletes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lori for giving everyone the feel of the week. I was very proud of all the boys coaches and chaperones. We had a great week together and grew as a team. They experienced highs and lows, laughter and tears, lacrosse and other new activities. I know they learned about themselves, teamwork,and had the chance to grow up a little bit as a team. The memories will last forever and i hope the lessons learned as well! Remember to ask your player what these mean: "It's in your hands." "in it, or into it" and "flush, delete, next." and "212degrees" thanks to all for your support. Coach Fox