Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 3, Part A: Lacrosse, Rain or Shine!

We saw the sun for a little while this morning, but we were quickly greeted with cloud cover and then raindrops. As we all know, the game doesn't stop for a little water. I haven't noticed that the boys mind the rain. Sometimes, I think they even play a little better when wet! This morning, the 5/6 team started out with an 8:00 a.m. game (that's 7:00 a.m. for all of you at home). We were treated to some of their best play yet. The boys were on fire. They were passing, setting up plays, and backing each other up. It was beautiful. Unfortunately, the other team was also on fire. Crush 5/6 went up against Utah Select 5/6 and the final score was a heartbreaking loss by one point for Crush. Win or lose, this was really a great game.








Next up at 9:00 a.m., the 7/8 Crush team took the field facing Team Texas. This was another exciting game. Yes, Crush won. No, I don't know the score. This field is set up a little differently so I ended up standing near the team instead of where I was "supposed" to be. You know photographers, we don't always follow the rules. The down side was that I didn't see the score board. In any case, the boys looked great! You may notice a trend in my photos. I just can't resist a shot of a long pole breakaway. You can tell that my son is on defense. They don't get the ball very often, so I try to capture the memory.










Both teams have games scheduled for this afternoon, so we are all taking a little break and I figured it was a perfect opportunity to catch up on picture posting. Assuming that we only have rain (and no lightning), we will be back on the field at 3 and 4. The coaches are trying to arrange more challenge matches, but time slots are at a premium.

Thank you all for the kind words about the blog. I do enjoy being able to share this with those of you who couldn't make it on the trip. I also have some kind words for all of you. Your boys are great! I have given rides to several of them and was on PB&J (+banana) sandwich duty Friday and all the boys have thanked me and have been very polite and pleasant to be around. No, I was NOT with some other team by mistake! You should be proud of the very nice young men you are raising.

No comments: